What’s up with broadband and the Internet? A look at the numbers:
- 75 Million: The number of cable homes to be passed by DOCSIS 3.0 in North America in 2010 according to Heavy Reading.
- 40%: The percentage of US households with a wired or wireless home network as of January 2010 according to the CEA.
- $602 Million: The amount of money that may get cut from the broadband stimulus program if a new proposal by the House Appropriations Committee is adopted as part of a bill to find funding for the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.
- 85%: The percentage of respondents in a Pew Research study who agreed with the statement: “In 2020, when I look at the big picture and consider my personal friendships, marriage and other relations, I see that the Internet has mostly been a positive force on my social world. And this will only grow more true in the future.”
- 3 Hours and 10 Minutes: The average amount of time per month spent watching video online by US consumers according to Nielsen.