The upcoming Cable Show in Chicago has the tech industry astir. We’re all anxious to see what groundbreaking new products will be launched and what industry leaders will have to say about the fate of our TVs, set-top boxes and cable providers. Some are already making predictions as seen in the article by Gary Allen of TV Technology. In fact, Netflix CEO, Reed Hastings shared his predictions regarding the future of video content earlier this week. Check it out in the third article below.
In other news, MIPS Technologies and SiS announced new developments that will further integrate the Android platform into the digital home. Meanwhile, some believe the future looks grim for our set-top boxes as new technologies expose us to a plethora of new ways to view content.
To enhance your entertainment experience, be sure to check out the top smartphone apps designed specifically for TV lovers like you and me. As a fellow viewer, what do you think about Hastings’ forecast about the future of video? Do you think it’s too soon to bury your set-top box?
1. Cable Show a Healthy Mix of Technology, Policy By Gary Allen, TV Technology
2. Future of TV according to Netflix’s Reed Hastings By Om Malik, GigaOM
3. MIPS Technologies and SiS continue to drive Android into the digital home By Staff, TradersHuddle.com
4. The naked TV: Devices like WiDi put set-top boxes on endangered species list By Samantha Bookman, FierceCable
5. The 5 best smartphone apps for TV lovers By Tecca, Yahoo! Tech
Filed under: Uncategorized |